Ant Pest Control
What is an ant?
The most common pest of the Ant species is the black ant (Lasius niger). They are 4-5mm long, and will enter a building in search of sweet substances such as sugar or fruit. Once one ant finds the food, it will lay a pheromone trail back to the nest telling every other worker ant in the colony.
Other species of ants include Pharoahs, Carpenter, Argentine and Ghost.
Do I have an ant problem?
There are several signs of ant infestations to look out for, including:
- Trail of ants leading into wall cavities or beneath paving slabs etc
- Piles of sand around wall floor junctions or around cracks.
- Flying ants later in summer
How do I get rid of ants?
Having ants is no fun. One of the best ways to get rid of them is to call in the experts.
At ACE, we’ve helped plenty of people with ant problems, and we’re ready to help you with yours. We will inspect the problem and select the best pest control solution for your needs. Call or email us today to discuss your options!
What treatments are effective against ants?
There are several treatments we may use, depending on the circumstances.
Here is a list of possible treatments:
- Sealing gaps/cracks and crevices
- Gel baits such as Advion ant gel
- Residual insecticide
- Insecticide- Non toxic options
- Dusts – Toxic or non-toxic options available
DID YOU KNOW?
Keep sugar and sweet substances in a sealed tub!
Ants have an amazing sense of smell. Once they find food they will lay a pheromone trail for the rest of the colony to follow.